Harrison Clarke are currently in the search for a DevOps Solution Architect on behalf of one of our clients based in New York. Our client is one of the hottest companies in the DevOps space, and they work with some of the leading businesses across the US, helping companies improve their DevOps practices and go as far as implementing the best deployment and orchestration DevOps technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
The DevOps Solution Architect will be responsible for implementing our client’s containerisation solution at customer sites. As part of the implementation process, the DevOps Solution Architect will also be responsible for integrating the solution with the CI pipeline. As a DevOps Solution Architect, you must have excellent communication and customer facing skills because a major aspect of your role will be to work with customer to understand, analyse and overcome technical obstacles the customers are facing, and this will be coupled with implementing the solution on site as well as writing code to solve customer challenges.
The DevOps Solution Architect will be responsible for publishing DevOps best practices and establish the DevOps culture of collaboration. You will be working closely with the engineering department to further understand how releases are made and ensure that all tools are up-to-date and all deployments are automated.
The DevOps Solution Architect is required to have the following skills/experience & Qualifications:
- Degree in Computer Science
- 5 years of experience in DevOps
- Excellent Linux administration knowledge
- Ability to write automation in one of the following languages: Python, Ruby, Java or Go.
- Proven experience with deployment and orchestration technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, Openstack
- Configuration Management experience with tools such as: Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Anisble, Packer or Terraform.
- Experience with continuous integration systems such as Jenkins, Bamboo, TravisCI.
- Experience with AWS, Openstack, Azure, Rackspace.
- Strong knowledge with open source server software such as Apache, Nginx, RabbitMQ, Redis.