Harrison Clarke International have partnered with a high-profile VC-backed technology company based in New York who are going through an exceptional period of growth and are now in the search for a Director of DevOps to lead their high performing DevOps Engineering team. Our client is implementing a culture of collaboration as they understand that DevOps is a culture and not a role! You will be leading the engineering team as they are in the process of releasing their next software product that is expected to disrupt the industry and as the company prepares for an IPO exit within the next 18 months, this role will play an integral part of that growth. This role is based in their New York.
As a Director of DevOps you will be at the forefront of the engineering team, driving innovation and creating cutting edge software products utilizing bleeding edge technology. As someone holding an integral role in the business, you will have equity from day one!
The responsibilities of a Director of DevOps:
- Lead the infrastructure to run our many services and several DBs (over 27 Terabytes of Data).
- Own and maintain the several database technologies used i.e. MongoDB, Redis, Elasitcsearch, InfluxDB.
- Develop and improve monitoring and maintenance tools for product portfolio.
- Build automation where possible, find the latest and greatest technologies to make your life easier.
- Ensure servers and apps are aligned with the latest security updates.
- Use modern service oriented architecture approach to infrastructure design.
- Design with service discovery and ephemeral infrastructure in mind.
Required Skills for a Director of DevOps:
- 5+ years’ software engineering and or DevOps experience.
- 10+ years’ experience managing teams in engineering with the last 3 years leading a DevOps / SRE team.
- Passionate about building better tools for developers
- Experience with Chef/Puppet/Ansible or similar and standard methodologies involved with maintaining a large server deployment.
- Experienced with running large datasets, preferably in Elasticsearch or MongoDB.
- A love for taking projects end-to-end, can self-organize and manage expectations, and able to get into the details when necessary.
- Experience working cross-functionally to facilitate the many different infrastructure needs from the whole company.
- Open to new technologies and languages as we need to support a wide variety.
- Choose the right tools for the job.
- Metrics driven and will approach each decision with data to help facilitate decisions or drive development.
Based in Manhattan, New York, the offices are open plan and state-of-the-art. Where you will be joining a thriving company, home to almost 50 employees with a hands-on management team.
Package: $250,000 – $300,000 salary + $50,000 sign on bonus + equity & excellent benefits