Harrison Clarke has teamed up with an E-Commerce company based in San Jose who are searching for an experienced software engineer with a passion for writing code. This engineer will be a part of the Platform/DevOps team who are responsible for the design, scalability and development of backend components.
You will collaborate with teams to troubleshoot any incidents that occur across the entire stack. The Site Reliability Engineer must have experience of managing a large number of servers and also show attributes that will make them an exceptional remote worker.
What you will be doing:
- Provide on-going maintenance and support of internal tools, improve system health and reliability
- You will own the security and availability of critical infrastructure components.
- Participate in on-call rotation
The Site Reliability Engineer will have experience in the field automation amongst other highly sought-after skills/experience:
- Strong programming skills in language of your choice
- Automations tools Chef, Puppet or Ansible
- Hands on experience with micro-services (Docker, Kubernetes and Mesos)
- CI/CD orchestration and deployment experience
- Experience with large scale data center environment
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Google Compute Engine)
- Extensive experience working with Linux environments
- Nice to have – experience working with big data tools such as ElasticSearch, HDFS or Hadoop
Great opportunity to not only join a well-known established company, but also to be surrounded by smart individuals who are looking to push the boundaries by combining creativity and curiosity.