Harrison Clarke International have just partnered with one of the hottest and highly sought after companies in the artificial intelligence space. Following our success of building out the DevOps team, our client is now in the search for a VP of Engineering.
The VP of Engineering will be leading the operations and engineering team, and will be reporting directly to the CEO of the company. The team currently has 25 engineers across data engineering, site reliability engineering, application development and DevOps.
You will be responsible for strategising and creating the vision and roadmap for the business. The company is also having a strong belief in the DevOps culture of collaboration, therefore, they will expect the VP of Engineering to understand how to scale a DevOps culture. The VP of Engineering will be responsible for doubling the size of the engineering team.
The VP of Engineering must demonstrate a proven track record of scaling fast-growing engineering teams within both start-ups and large-scale organisations.
Responsibilities of the VP of Engineering:
- Lead multiple teams within the engineering department to build robust and cutting edge-technology.
- Implement the DevOps culture of collaboration and best practices to break down all silos and ensure an efficient engineering culture.
- Recruit, retain, and develop the very best talent.
- Mentor and train engineering managers to ensure a consistently growing business and a great place to work.
- Work closely with the business and other department heads to ensure changes to coding practices and architectural decisions.
- Take ownership of the quality of all engineering activity and deliverables.
Skills & Experience Required:
- S. or M.S. in Computer Science
- Minimum of 10 years of engineering experience in a professional environment
- Over 6 years’ experience of managing engineering teams
- Technology stack: AWS, Python, Docker, Ruby, Java, SQL
- Experience with API-driven application
If this is a role that you would like to discuss, then please apply now and a member of the Harrison Clarke team will reach out.